The hall of precious paintings 寶繪堂圖
Copie d’après Qiu Ying 仇英 (ca. 1494-1552) XVIIe siècle
Cartel
- Artiste
- Copie d’après Qiu Ying 仇英 (ca. 1494-1552)
- Date
- XVIIe siècle
- Période
- dynastie des Ming ou des Qing
- Format
- Rouleau suspendu (立軸)
- Technique
- Ink and color on silk
- Dimensions
- H x W (image): 197.5 x 98.4 cm (77 3/4 x 38 3/4 in)
- Collection
- National Museum of Asian Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Numéro d’inventaire
- F1909.157
- Provenance
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
Attribution telle que la formule National Museum of Asian Art, Smithsonian Institution.
Ce qu'en dit le musée
The wealthy poet, painter, and collector, Wang Shen (ca. 1048-1103), was married to a younger sister of Emperor Shenzong of the Northern Song dynasty (reigned 1068-1085). To house his collection of ancient paintings and works of calligraphy, Wang built the Hall of Precious Paintings in 1077 on the grounds of his opulent private estate near the Northern Song capital, Bianliang (modern Kaifeng, Henan Province), and asked his friend, the famous poet Su Shi (1037-1101), with whom he shared a passion for collecting, to commemorate the hall in an essay. An excerpt from Su's text is inscribed on the painting at upper left. The central figure seated at the desk represents Su Shi, while Wang Shen is the figure looking on from the left.
Notice de National Museum of Asian Art, Smithsonian Institution, fiche de l'œuvre.
Inscriptions et sceaux
Inscription
Transcription et traduction : National Museum of Asian Art, Smithsonian Institution